T. B. Scott Free Library Board of Trustees, in Merrill, Wisconsin, invites candidates to apply for the position of Library Director. The Library Director Plans, organizes, coordinates, and administers resilient and effective library services and programs that meet the diverse needs of the community. See the full job description.
This is a Grade 12 position (Starting salary $68,000). Benefits include paid vacation/sick leave/holiday/library floating holiday/personal holiday pay.
Qualifications Required: Education/Training:
• Master’s degree from a Library School program.
• Grade 1 Public Library Certification from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction required.
• Multiple years of progressively responsible library management experience required.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Staff management and leadership skills.
A two-time recipient of the Library of the Year Award from the Wisconsin Library Association, T. B. Scott Free Library is an architecturally stunning building on the Prairie River in Merrill, Wisconsin. Merrill is traditionally home to the Menominee, Ojibwe, and Ho-Chunk and is the gateway to the Wisconsin Northwoods. The library provides service to the residents of the City of Merrill and the surrounding communities of Lincoln County, with a total service population of 21,000.
Equal opportunity and accommodations
Equal access to programs, services and employment opportunities is available to all persons without regard to age, race, creed, color, disability, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and/or local law. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state and local laws, applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the application and/or interview process should notify Andrea Bennett, Head of Youth Services at email@example.com or 715-536-7191. Examples of reasonable accommodations include making a change to the application process; providing written materials in an alternate format such as braille, large print, or audio recording; using a sign language interpreter; using specialized equipment; or modifying testing conditions.
Applications due by 5:00 PM on September 30, 2022, with cover letter, resume, three professional references, and answers to these supplemental questions in a separate document,
- A key element in the T.B. Scott Free Library’s mission statement is to connect people to the community. What programs have you offered in your current or previous positions that could help you when collaborating with local groups or agencies at T.B. Scott Free Library?
- What do you see as the most important trends that will affect library services in the future?
attached to the City of Merrill job application via the City of Merrill employment website https://www.ci.merrill.wi.us/employment Applications submitted through other formats will not be considered. Questions can be directed to Andrea Bennett, Head of Youth Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 715-536-7191.